Online shopping voted as best technological advancement
London: Being crazy about shopping, Britons have voted online stores the best technological advance of the 21st century.
One in three reckoned being able to buy goods from websites without leaving home has had the biggest impact on their lives.
Internet banking came in second place, but life-saving medical advances did not even make the top five.
Major innovations in cancer treatment, keyhole surgery and stem cell research were all overlooked.
Smartphones and other mobile internet devices were voted third most significant by 22 percent of UK residents.
Digital TV recorders like YouView and Tivo came fourth, with 17 percent praising their ability to pause live shows.
But research by energy firm E.on showed 92 percent of Brits are still reluctant to try new technology.
Only 8 percent were prepared to give devices a go without seeing others try them first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official