Online shopping voted as best technological advancement
London: Being crazy about shopping, Britons have voted online stores the best technological advance of the 21st century.
One in three reckoned being able to buy goods from websites without leaving home has had the biggest impact on their lives.
Internet banking came in second place, but life-saving medical advances did not even make the top five.
Major innovations in cancer treatment, keyhole surgery and stem cell research were all overlooked.
Smartphones and other mobile internet devices were voted third most significant by 22 percent of UK residents.
Digital TV recorders like YouView and Tivo came fourth, with 17 percent praising their ability to pause live shows.
But research by energy firm E.on showed 92 percent of Brits are still reluctant to try new technology.
Only 8 percent were prepared to give devices a go without seeing others try them first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign