Over 270 government websites hacked till July
New Delhi: Over 270 government websites were hacked till July this year, Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot informed parliament.
"A total number of 201, 303, 308 and 273 government websites were hacked during the year 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (till July) respectively," Pilot said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha this week.
Asked if computer security analysts have issued alerts for internet users, the minister said the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) regularly issued alerts for users and operators on vulnerabilities.
It also published advisory providing countermeasures to safeguard the websites and network infrastructure against such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price