Over 270 government websites hacked till July
New Delhi: Over 270 government websites were hacked till July this year, Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot informed parliament.
"A total number of 201, 303, 308 and 273 government websites were hacked during the year 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (till July) respectively," Pilot said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha this week.
Asked if computer security analysts have issued alerts for internet users, the minister said the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) regularly issued alerts for users and operators on vulnerabilities.
It also published advisory providing countermeasures to safeguard the websites and network infrastructure against such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?