Over 400,000 Yahoo passwords leaked: Report
New Delhi: US-based Internet firm Yahoo has become the latest target for hackers as passwords of more than 453,000 site users have been compromised and posted online, reports claimed on Thursday.
The compromised server was part of “Yahoo!! Voice”, which was earlier known as Associated Content, a security firm has claimed.
The security firm also says that the passwords appear to have been obtained using a SQL injection attack to extract the information from Yahoo’s database servers.
Yahoo’s security blunder appears just over a month after passwords of another social networking site LinkedIn were compromised, while more than 6.4 million accounts were breached. At that time, LinkedIn director Vicente Silveira stated in a blog post, “We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to our members. We take the security of our members very seriously."
The Yahoo Voice hack has been claimed by a group calling themselves “the D33Ds Company”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened