Oz Minister apologises for Facebook `like` of naked Young Liberal
Sydney: Australia`s education minister Peter Collier has apologized for an embarrassing Facebook indiscretion which revealed that he had liked a picture of a Young Liberal showing his genitals.
The minister was aged 16 at the time and had participated in a trend called `sneaky nuts`, which is termed as a practice to secretly show both testicles while standing in the background of a photo, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, the trend had been made popular by ABC comedy Angry Boys.
Collins has claimed liking the photo as a `silly mistake` which he believes highlights the pitfalls of social media.
The report also said that almost 30 people including Collier had liked the photo, adding that the minister is now aware of the content of the photo, which he said looked to be a harmless photo at the first glance.
Labour Party MP Sue Ellery has called for an investigation in the matter as she opined that Collier is a senior minister responsible for professional standards of dealing with young people and young people`s use of social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui