Oz Minister apologises for Facebook `like` of naked Young Liberal
Sydney: Australia`s education minister Peter Collier has apologized for an embarrassing Facebook indiscretion which revealed that he had liked a picture of a Young Liberal showing his genitals.
The minister was aged 16 at the time and had participated in a trend called `sneaky nuts`, which is termed as a practice to secretly show both testicles while standing in the background of a photo, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, the trend had been made popular by ABC comedy Angry Boys.
Collins has claimed liking the photo as a `silly mistake` which he believes highlights the pitfalls of social media.
The report also said that almost 30 people including Collier had liked the photo, adding that the minister is now aware of the content of the photo, which he said looked to be a harmless photo at the first glance.
Labour Party MP Sue Ellery has called for an investigation in the matter as she opined that Collier is a senior minister responsible for professional standards of dealing with young people and young people`s use of social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit