Oz Minister apologises for Facebook `like` of naked Young Liberal
Sydney: Australia`s education minister Peter Collier has apologized for an embarrassing Facebook indiscretion which revealed that he had liked a picture of a Young Liberal showing his genitals.
The minister was aged 16 at the time and had participated in a trend called `sneaky nuts`, which is termed as a practice to secretly show both testicles while standing in the background of a photo, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, the trend had been made popular by ABC comedy Angry Boys.
Collins has claimed liking the photo as a `silly mistake` which he believes highlights the pitfalls of social media.
The report also said that almost 30 people including Collier had liked the photo, adding that the minister is now aware of the content of the photo, which he said looked to be a harmless photo at the first glance.
Labour Party MP Sue Ellery has called for an investigation in the matter as she opined that Collier is a senior minister responsible for professional standards of dealing with young people and young people`s use of social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch