Oz Minister apologises for Facebook `like` of naked Young Liberal
Sydney: Australia`s education minister Peter Collier has apologized for an embarrassing Facebook indiscretion which revealed that he had liked a picture of a Young Liberal showing his genitals.
The minister was aged 16 at the time and had participated in a trend called `sneaky nuts`, which is termed as a practice to secretly show both testicles while standing in the background of a photo, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, the trend had been made popular by ABC comedy Angry Boys.
Collins has claimed liking the photo as a `silly mistake` which he believes highlights the pitfalls of social media.
The report also said that almost 30 people including Collier had liked the photo, adding that the minister is now aware of the content of the photo, which he said looked to be a harmless photo at the first glance.
Labour Party MP Sue Ellery has called for an investigation in the matter as she opined that Collier is a senior minister responsible for professional standards of dealing with young people and young people`s use of social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!