Pak notches up top slot in Google search for sex
Washington: Pakistan has secured a dubious
distinction of being the number one globally for searching the
term `sex` on Google in 2011.
Pakistan is followed by India. Interestingly, of the top
ten cities in the world searching for "sex" as per Google
Trends data, eight are Indian.
According to a 2010 Fox News report, Pakistan, which has
over 20 million Internet users, had outranked all countries in
Google searches for pornographic terms last year also.
Google Trends analyses a portion of Google web searches to
compute how many searches have been done for the terms you
enter, relative to the total number of searches done on Google
Google Trends uses IP address information from server logs
to make a best guess about where queries originated.
On the issue of accuracy, Google Trends say, "The data
Trends produces may contain inaccuracies for a number of
reasons, including data-sampling issues and a variety of
approximations that are used to compute results. We hope you
find this service interesting and entertaining, but you
probably wouldn`t want to write your PhD dissertation based on
the information provided by Trends".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman