Pakistani hacker downs 13 Goa government websites
Panaji: A hacker, allegedly from a Pakistan-based cyber group, has hacked several Goa government websites over the last few days, a government spokesperson said Monday.
The spokesperson said that H4x0r HuSsy, an id used to access the site, belongs to a group of hackers from Pakistan, who have targeted state government websites for the second time in the last few years.
"Websites belonging to 13 government departments are down. They had been hacked into and defaced, but we have pulled them completely down now," the spokesperson said, adding that a complaint would be lodged with Goa Police`s cyber cell soon.
Key among the departments whose websites have been hacked are Fire Services, Captain of Ports, Goa Tourism and NRI Commission of Goa.
Two years back, the same group of hackers had hacked into the website of the state Information and Publicity Department, and written slogans praising Pakistan and denouncing India on its home page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official