Parliament needs to recognise importance of social media: Kalam
Hyderabad: Parliament needs to recognise the importance of social media, former President APJ Abdul Kalam said today.
He was speaking at a function where his book `Squaring the Circle: Seven Steps to Indian Renaissance`, co-authored by his biographer Arun Tiwari, was launched.
"`Squaring the Circle` gives solutions on how important Parliament is and (can) take pro-active action for national issues...It is very important in the environment of present social media.
"The social media has a tremendous effect on the minds of the youth....Parliament has to recognise the importance of the social media," he said.
“Squaring the Circle` runs the message that Parliament has to have a great function of evolution of a vision for the nation for 10 years and lead the nation to work towards the vision,” he said.
Popular unrest can be avoided if Parliament discusses, without any obstruction, issues like corruption, national vision and turbulence of the youth, he said, adding his book highlights the results of developmental politics, particularly in the states like Kerala, Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened