‘Password’ tops list of 25 worst web passwords
London: The word “password” has topped the list of the 25 worst web passwords people commonly choose while logging in into sites, making them more vulnerable to hackers.
According to the list generated by SplashData, an American password management data application, other passwords making it to the list include “abc123”, “iloveyou” and “monkey”.
“Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords,” the Telegraph quoted Morgan Slain, SplashData’s chief executive as saying.
“Even though people are encouraged to select secure, strong passwords, many people continue to choose weak, easy-to-guess ones, placing themselves at risk from fraud and identity theft,” he added.
The 25 “worst” internet passwords were”
Password, 123456, 12345678, qwerty, abc123, monkey, 1234567, letmein, trustno1, dragon, baseball, 111111, iloveyou, master, sunshine, Ashley, Bailey, passw0rd, shadow, 123123, 654321, superman, qazwsx, Michael, Football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly