‘Password’ tops list of 25 worst web passwords
London: The word “password” has topped the list of the 25 worst web passwords people commonly choose while logging in into sites, making them more vulnerable to hackers.
According to the list generated by SplashData, an American password management data application, other passwords making it to the list include “abc123”, “iloveyou” and “monkey”.
“Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords,” the Telegraph quoted Morgan Slain, SplashData’s chief executive as saying.
“Even though people are encouraged to select secure, strong passwords, many people continue to choose weak, easy-to-guess ones, placing themselves at risk from fraud and identity theft,” he added.
The 25 “worst” internet passwords were”
Password, 123456, 12345678, qwerty, abc123, monkey, 1234567, letmein, trustno1, dragon, baseball, 111111, iloveyou, master, sunshine, Ashley, Bailey, passw0rd, shadow, 123123, 654321, superman, qazwsx, Michael, Football.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference