‘Password’ tops list of 25 worst web passwords
London: The word “password” has topped the list of the 25 worst web passwords people commonly choose while logging in into sites, making them more vulnerable to hackers.
According to the list generated by SplashData, an American password management data application, other passwords making it to the list include “abc123”, “iloveyou” and “monkey”.
“Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords,” the Telegraph quoted Morgan Slain, SplashData’s chief executive as saying.
“Even though people are encouraged to select secure, strong passwords, many people continue to choose weak, easy-to-guess ones, placing themselves at risk from fraud and identity theft,” he added.
The 25 “worst” internet passwords were”
Password, 123456, 12345678, qwerty, abc123, monkey, 1234567, letmein, trustno1, dragon, baseball, 111111, iloveyou, master, sunshine, Ashley, Bailey, passw0rd, shadow, 123123, 654321, superman, qazwsx, Michael, Football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman