‘Password’ tops list of 25 worst web passwords
London: The word “password” has topped the list of the 25 worst web passwords people commonly choose while logging in into sites, making them more vulnerable to hackers.
According to the list generated by SplashData, an American password management data application, other passwords making it to the list include “abc123”, “iloveyou” and “monkey”.
“Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords,” the Telegraph quoted Morgan Slain, SplashData’s chief executive as saying.
“Even though people are encouraged to select secure, strong passwords, many people continue to choose weak, easy-to-guess ones, placing themselves at risk from fraud and identity theft,” he added.
The 25 “worst” internet passwords were”
Password, 123456, 12345678, qwerty, abc123, monkey, 1234567, letmein, trustno1, dragon, baseball, 111111, iloveyou, master, sunshine, Ashley, Bailey, passw0rd, shadow, 123123, 654321, superman, qazwsx, Michael, Football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey