‘Password’ tops list of 25 worst web passwords
London: The word “password” has topped the list of the 25 worst web passwords people commonly choose while logging in into sites, making them more vulnerable to hackers.
According to the list generated by SplashData, an American password management data application, other passwords making it to the list include “abc123”, “iloveyou” and “monkey”.
“Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords,” the Telegraph quoted Morgan Slain, SplashData’s chief executive as saying.
“Even though people are encouraged to select secure, strong passwords, many people continue to choose weak, easy-to-guess ones, placing themselves at risk from fraud and identity theft,” he added.
The 25 “worst” internet passwords were”
Password, 123456, 12345678, qwerty, abc123, monkey, 1234567, letmein, trustno1, dragon, baseball, 111111, iloveyou, master, sunshine, Ashley, Bailey, passw0rd, shadow, 123123, 654321, superman, qazwsx, Michael, Football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke