Pentagon to release cyber strategy this week
Washington: US is set to release its much awaited cyber strategy on Thursday, but the public version of it is unlikely to carry details into the execution, the Pentagon said.
Noting that the cyber strategy does not focus on acts of war, Pentagon spokesperson Col Dave Lapan said it is about an overall cyber strategy, and how the US would defend against cyber threats.
"People made a big deal of offensive cyber capabilities and things like that. That`s not going to be in what you see this week," Lapan said.
"The unclassified version, you will find, follows much of what was in the administration`s cyber strategy," he said, adding the White House had announced the nation`s first international strategy for cyberspace in May.
Cyber strategy addresses the economic, security, law enforcement, military, governance, international development and Internet freedom aspects of the cyber realm, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says