Pentagon to release cyber strategy this week
Washington: US is set to release its much awaited cyber strategy on Thursday, but the public version of it is unlikely to carry details into the execution, the Pentagon said.
Noting that the cyber strategy does not focus on acts of war, Pentagon spokesperson Col Dave Lapan said it is about an overall cyber strategy, and how the US would defend against cyber threats.
"People made a big deal of offensive cyber capabilities and things like that. That`s not going to be in what you see this week," Lapan said.
"The unclassified version, you will find, follows much of what was in the administration`s cyber strategy," he said, adding the White House had announced the nation`s first international strategy for cyberspace in May.
Cyber strategy addresses the economic, security, law enforcement, military, governance, international development and Internet freedom aspects of the cyber realm, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj