Pentagon to release cyber strategy this week
Washington: US is set to release its much awaited cyber strategy on Thursday, but the public version of it is unlikely to carry details into the execution, the Pentagon said.
Noting that the cyber strategy does not focus on acts of war, Pentagon spokesperson Col Dave Lapan said it is about an overall cyber strategy, and how the US would defend against cyber threats.
"People made a big deal of offensive cyber capabilities and things like that. That`s not going to be in what you see this week," Lapan said.
"The unclassified version, you will find, follows much of what was in the administration`s cyber strategy," he said, adding the White House had announced the nation`s first international strategy for cyberspace in May.
Cyber strategy addresses the economic, security, law enforcement, military, governance, international development and Internet freedom aspects of the cyber realm, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand