Pentagon to release cyber strategy this week
Washington: US is set to release its much awaited cyber strategy on Thursday, but the public version of it is unlikely to carry details into the execution, the Pentagon said.
Noting that the cyber strategy does not focus on acts of war, Pentagon spokesperson Col Dave Lapan said it is about an overall cyber strategy, and how the US would defend against cyber threats.
"People made a big deal of offensive cyber capabilities and things like that. That`s not going to be in what you see this week," Lapan said.
"The unclassified version, you will find, follows much of what was in the administration`s cyber strategy," he said, adding the White House had announced the nation`s first international strategy for cyberspace in May.
Cyber strategy addresses the economic, security, law enforcement, military, governance, international development and Internet freedom aspects of the cyber realm, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB