Personal info stolen from South Korea presidential website
Seoul: South Korea says personal information was stolen from its presidential website in a cyber attack last week that coincided with a shutdown of North Korean websites.
Yonhap news agency reported today that about 100,000 subscribers` accounts were hacked on the presidential website. It cited an unidentified presidential official. The president`s office acknowledged the loss of data but couldn`t confirm the details.
The Blue House has apologized on its website for allowing names, birthdates and IDs to be stolen. Passwords were not compromised.
Several North and South Korean websites shut down Wednesday, the anniversary of the start of the Korean War. The Korean Peninsula remains technically at war because the 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce.
Seoul blames hacking for last week`s shutdown. North Korea hasn`t commented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail