Peter Carl Fabergé honoured with Google Doodle
Mountain View, California: After the much appreciated synthesiser doodle honouring Robert Moog, world’s most popular search engine, Google, is celebrating the 166th birthday of Peter Carl Fabergé - Russian jeweller best known for the famous Fabergé eggs.
Fabergé eggs resemble Easter eggs but are different owning to the use of precious metals and gemstones in place of ordinary materials.
Google has remembered Fabergé in style as a set of six eggs decorated with gold, diamonds, precious metals and gemstones adorn the Google homepage today.
Peter Carl Fabergé (May 30, 1846 – September 24, 1920) was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia to the Baltic German jeweller Gustav Fabergé and his Danish wife Charlotte Jungstedt.
In 1860 Gustav Fabergé, together with his wife and children retired to Dresden, leaving the business in the hands of capable and trusted managers.
Peter Carl possibly undertook a course at the Dresden Arts and Crafts School.
Later, in 1882 at Pan-Russian Exhibition in Moscow he won the gold medal that his achievements were recognised.
In 1885 he was appointed as the court jeweller of the Romanov Dynasty, and the work that he did for the last two Czars that earned him worldwide fame.
The design of each of Fabergé`s Easter eggs was closely guarded secret before it was officially handed over to the Romanov family. Quite like today`s much awaited electronic gadgets.
Fabergé designed Easter eggs for the Romanovs for 37 years, a total of 54 eggs. Only 47 of the Fabergé eggs are believed to have survived now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH