Peter Carl Fabergé honoured with Google Doodle
Mountain View, California: After the much appreciated synthesiser doodle honouring Robert Moog, world’s most popular search engine, Google, is celebrating the 166th birthday of Peter Carl Fabergé - Russian jeweller best known for the famous Fabergé eggs.
Fabergé eggs resemble Easter eggs but are different owning to the use of precious metals and gemstones in place of ordinary materials.
Google has remembered Fabergé in style as a set of six eggs decorated with gold, diamonds, precious metals and gemstones adorn the Google homepage today.
Peter Carl Fabergé (May 30, 1846 – September 24, 1920) was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia to the Baltic German jeweller Gustav Fabergé and his Danish wife Charlotte Jungstedt.
In 1860 Gustav Fabergé, together with his wife and children retired to Dresden, leaving the business in the hands of capable and trusted managers.
Peter Carl possibly undertook a course at the Dresden Arts and Crafts School.
Later, in 1882 at Pan-Russian Exhibition in Moscow he won the gold medal that his achievements were recognised.
In 1885 he was appointed as the court jeweller of the Romanov Dynasty, and the work that he did for the last two Czars that earned him worldwide fame.
The design of each of Fabergé`s Easter eggs was closely guarded secret before it was officially handed over to the Romanov family. Quite like today`s much awaited electronic gadgets.
Fabergé designed Easter eggs for the Romanovs for 37 years, a total of 54 eggs. Only 47 of the Fabergé eggs are believed to have survived now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed