Philippine websites hit by Chinese hackers: Govt
Manila: The Philippines said alleged Chinese hackers attacked three websites maintained by President Benigno Aquino`s office today.
The attacks came shortly after the government said it would raise its concerns with the United States over an increasingly tense territorial sea dispute with China.
Aquino`s office, in a statement, said a "significant spike in traffic with malicious URL requests" flooded the president`s official gazette (www.Gov.Ph) and two other websites (www.Pcdspo.Gov.Ph, www.Malacanang.Gov.Ph) run by his communications team.
"Information gathered through our data analysis indicated that the attack originated from IP (internet protocol) addresses were assigned to Chinese networks," the statement said.
The attack caused a "temporary disruption of service," the statement added.
Monday`s attack came three days after hackers claiming to be from China defaced the website of the Philippines` top government-run university to assert their country`s claim over South China Sea.
Local reports said a group of Philippine hackers calling itself "Anonymous" allegedly retaliated by hacking two Chinese government websites.
Philippine Foreign Ministry spokesman Raul Hernandez earlier Monday condemned the cyber attacks and called on hackers from both sides to stop the online war.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview