Philippine websites hit by Chinese hackers: Govt
Manila: The Philippines said alleged Chinese hackers attacked three websites maintained by President Benigno Aquino`s office today.
The attacks came shortly after the government said it would raise its concerns with the United States over an increasingly tense territorial sea dispute with China.
Aquino`s office, in a statement, said a "significant spike in traffic with malicious URL requests" flooded the president`s official gazette (www.Gov.Ph) and two other websites (www.Pcdspo.Gov.Ph, www.Malacanang.Gov.Ph) run by his communications team.
"Information gathered through our data analysis indicated that the attack originated from IP (internet protocol) addresses were assigned to Chinese networks," the statement said.
The attack caused a "temporary disruption of service," the statement added.
Monday`s attack came three days after hackers claiming to be from China defaced the website of the Philippines` top government-run university to assert their country`s claim over South China Sea.
Local reports said a group of Philippine hackers calling itself "Anonymous" allegedly retaliated by hacking two Chinese government websites.
Philippine Foreign Ministry spokesman Raul Hernandez earlier Monday condemned the cyber attacks and called on hackers from both sides to stop the online war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi