PIB launches mobile version of website to help cellphone users
New Delhi: The Press Information Bureau (PIB) has launched a mobile version of its website to help cellphone users seamlessly access information on the move.
"The URL of the mobile website is pib.Gov.In/mobile. Mobile users who want the full functionality and display of the regular website can access it through the URL pib.Gov.In," a PIB official said.
The new site has been customised to display latest press releases on the home screen and offers links to other matters on the website, he said.
To make the website accessible to places where internet connectivity is poor, the site does not display the `heavy` content such as photographs and videos on the homepage.
At present, the mobile version displays only English content. In due course, Hindi and Urdu content of the main website will also be available on the mobile version, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi