PIB launches mobile version of website to help cellphone users
New Delhi: The Press Information Bureau (PIB) has launched a mobile version of its website to help cellphone users seamlessly access information on the move.
"The URL of the mobile website is pib.Gov.In/mobile. Mobile users who want the full functionality and display of the regular website can access it through the URL pib.Gov.In," a PIB official said.
The new site has been customised to display latest press releases on the home screen and offers links to other matters on the website, he said.
To make the website accessible to places where internet connectivity is poor, the site does not display the `heavy` content such as photographs and videos on the homepage.
At present, the mobile version displays only English content. In due course, Hindi and Urdu content of the main website will also be available on the mobile version, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash