Pinterest unveils apps for Android, iPad
Washington: Image-based social networking service Pinterest has extended its mobile service by launching a native iPad app and also made its debut on Android.
The firm announced that the new iOS app for the iPad, which is an upgraded version 2.0 of an iPhone app, has a 2-column layout and includes better usability and improvements to stability and performance. The app has identical functionality with its iPhone version and is also available on iTunes.
According to ABC News, in an official blog post by Pinterest, it also launched the same app for Android devices as well, which has been custom designed for Android phones and tablets of all costs, speeds and sizes.
Pinterest, which was one of the fastest social sites to reach 10 million active users, hit a landmark last week when it dropped its invite-only status and opened its sign-up policy to all web users. The company also recently redesigned its website and revamped its repinning feature, the report said.
A comScore data report showed that Pinterest had risen to become the third most visited US social network earlier this year, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter