Pinterest unveils apps for Android, iPad
Washington: Image-based social networking service Pinterest has extended its mobile service by launching a native iPad app and also made its debut on Android.
The firm announced that the new iOS app for the iPad, which is an upgraded version 2.0 of an iPhone app, has a 2-column layout and includes better usability and improvements to stability and performance. The app has identical functionality with its iPhone version and is also available on iTunes.
According to ABC News, in an official blog post by Pinterest, it also launched the same app for Android devices as well, which has been custom designed for Android phones and tablets of all costs, speeds and sizes.
Pinterest, which was one of the fastest social sites to reach 10 million active users, hit a landmark last week when it dropped its invite-only status and opened its sign-up policy to all web users. The company also recently redesigned its website and revamped its repinning feature, the report said.
A comScore data report showed that Pinterest had risen to become the third most visited US social network earlier this year, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today