Pintrips fights `name ownership battle` against Pinterest
Washington: Pinterest is trying to assert its legal hegemony over the word `pin`.
A travel itinerary comparison site, Pintrips, has decided to fight Pinterest`s attempt to assert its control over the word.
According to CNET, in October, Pinterest decided it would proceed legally against a site called Pintrips.
The copy of the legal document attempts to pin a few alleged home truths to Pinterest`s copious corpus.
Plaintiff fails to allege when it commenced use of its alleged mark, relying exclusively on the conclusory allegation that it has `extremely strong rights` in the pin mark, the report said.
Plaintiff filed an intent-to-use application with the PTO on August 8, 2012 to attempt to register pin, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes