Pintrips fights `name ownership battle` against Pinterest
Washington: Pinterest is trying to assert its legal hegemony over the word `pin`.
A travel itinerary comparison site, Pintrips, has decided to fight Pinterest`s attempt to assert its control over the word.
According to CNET, in October, Pinterest decided it would proceed legally against a site called Pintrips.
The copy of the legal document attempts to pin a few alleged home truths to Pinterest`s copious corpus.
Plaintiff fails to allege when it commenced use of its alleged mark, relying exclusively on the conclusory allegation that it has `extremely strong rights` in the pin mark, the report said.
Plaintiff filed an intent-to-use application with the PTO on August 8, 2012 to attempt to register pin, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional