PM Manmohan Singh`s Office debuts on Twitter
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Office made its debut on popular microblogging site Twitter today.
The new media foray by the PMO comes in the wake of TV journalist Pankaj Pachauri taking over as Communications Adviser to the Prime Minister.
"The Prime Minister`s work should be in the public domain so that people know that the government is functioning for their benefit," PMO sources said.
The Twitter account of the PMO will have regular updates on the Prime Minister`s programmes in near real time.
"In future, there would be more information available immediately to the media," the sources said.
The PMO Twitter account can be accessed http://twitter.com/pmoindia.
The first tweets by the PMO were on the national awards for bravery function held at Singh`s official residence.
It also had links to the Prime Minister`s speech made on the occasion and photographs of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed