Ransomware, scams and scoops predicted for 2014
Washington: Warning against the threats posed by ransomware such as Cryptlocker, AVG Technologies Australia security advisor Michael McKinnon has reportedly said that the emergence of such sophisticated modern malwares can result in scams and scoops.
Citing an increase in the currency trade like Bitcoin, McKinnon said that people should be mindful of it when using web services.
The company also took up the issue of lack of penalties for cybercrime and said that public frustration was growing as a result of inaction by authorities, the PC World reported.
He further predicted that more numbers of new internet users are likely to fall prey to such malware attacks.
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup