Ransomware, scams and scoops predicted for 2014
Washington: Warning against the threats posed by ransomware such as Cryptlocker, AVG Technologies Australia security advisor Michael McKinnon has reportedly said that the emergence of such sophisticated modern malwares can result in scams and scoops.
Citing an increase in the currency trade like Bitcoin, McKinnon said that people should be mindful of it when using web services.
The company also took up the issue of lack of penalties for cybercrime and said that public frustration was growing as a result of inaction by authorities, the PC World reported.
He further predicted that more numbers of new internet users are likely to fall prey to such malware attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened