Ransomware, scams and scoops predicted for 2014
Washington: Warning against the threats posed by ransomware such as Cryptlocker, AVG Technologies Australia security advisor Michael McKinnon has reportedly said that the emergence of such sophisticated modern malwares can result in scams and scoops.
Citing an increase in the currency trade like Bitcoin, McKinnon said that people should be mindful of it when using web services.
The company also took up the issue of lack of penalties for cybercrime and said that public frustration was growing as a result of inaction by authorities, the PC World reported.
He further predicted that more numbers of new internet users are likely to fall prey to such malware attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town