Ransomware, scams and scoops predicted for 2014
Washington: Warning against the threats posed by ransomware such as Cryptlocker, AVG Technologies Australia security advisor Michael McKinnon has reportedly said that the emergence of such sophisticated modern malwares can result in scams and scoops.
Citing an increase in the currency trade like Bitcoin, McKinnon said that people should be mindful of it when using web services.
The company also took up the issue of lack of penalties for cybercrime and said that public frustration was growing as a result of inaction by authorities, the PC World reported.
He further predicted that more numbers of new internet users are likely to fall prey to such malware attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ