Ransomware, scams and scoops predicted for 2014
Washington: Warning against the threats posed by ransomware such as Cryptlocker, AVG Technologies Australia security advisor Michael McKinnon has reportedly said that the emergence of such sophisticated modern malwares can result in scams and scoops.
Citing an increase in the currency trade like Bitcoin, McKinnon said that people should be mindful of it when using web services.
The company also took up the issue of lack of penalties for cybercrime and said that public frustration was growing as a result of inaction by authorities, the PC World reported.
He further predicted that more numbers of new internet users are likely to fall prey to such malware attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan
- Oh blonde! Anusha Dandekar and boyfriend Karan Kundra go twinning—See pics
- Egypt's Sisi says Putin ready to host Mideast peace talks