Rape threats putting pressure on Twitter to install `report abuse` button
London: Thousands of people have signed a petition that calls on Twitter to add a `report abuse` button.
The petition was brought after Caroline Criado-Perez, who successfully campaigned for women to be included on UK banknotes, faced a deluge of abuse and rape threats.
Ms Criado-Perez, from Rutland told the BBC that the form that allows Twitter users to report abuse is not adequate, asserting that the micro blogging site needs to be on the side of the victims.
The petition states that abuse on Twitter is common and frequently goes ignored.
It further says that the Twitter needs to recognise that its current reporting system is below required standards.
The petition added that the button should be accompanied by Twitter`s terms and conditions on abusive behaviour to reflect an awareness of the complexity of violence against women, and oppressions that women face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16