Red Fort sound and light show uploaded on Youtube
New Delhi: The tourism ministry has uploaded on Youtube the 58-minute sound and light show held at Delhi`s Red Fort to share it with people seeking information on the 17th century structure.
Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi had last month directed the authorities to upload on the internet recordings of all the 23 sound-and-light shows funded by the ministry held at the city`s various heritage sites.
The ministry of tourism Tuesday uploaded the first two sound and light shows, both of which are operated directly by the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC).
The two shows are the sound and light shows at Red Fort and the sound and light show at Purana Qila in the capital. As YouTube is mainly a visual channel, reference images of both the shows accompany the audio track.
With this, the tourism ministry has become the first such authority in the world to have uploaded its entire feature-length sound and light shows on the internet.
Initiated in 1968, the sound and light show at Delhi`s Red Fort was written by the legendary writers Ali Sardar Jafri, Kaifi Azmi and Khushwant Singh and directed by the renowned film director Chetan Anand. Its Hindi version has the voices of cinema superstar Meena Kumari and Amrish Puri, who was then a newcomer.
The English version has the voices of Kabir Bedi and Pratap Sharma.
The sound and light show at Purana Qila that went live in December 2010 features Naseeruddin Shah, Mukesh Khanna (Hindi) and Himanshu Sabharwal (English). The show was visualised, scripted and narrated by Himanshu Sabharwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'