Reddit suffers `massive online attack`
London: Social news and entertainment website Reddit has suffered a massive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
The `malicious` server attack from hackers impacted its millions of users` ability to access the social news website, which is used by over 60 million users each month.
The site was running slow and inaccessible in some quarters for a number of hours due to the attack that interrupts a website`s connection, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, it is yet not clear who purpotrated the Denial-of-service attack (DDoS) attack on Reddit.
A DDoS attack is an attempt to make a website unavailable to its intended users by temporarily interrupting a host server`s connection, the report said.
The site has suffered a tumultuous week, after some users posted images of innocent people they claimed were linked to Boston Marathon bombings, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal