Reddit suffers `massive online attack`
London: Social news and entertainment website Reddit has suffered a massive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
The `malicious` server attack from hackers impacted its millions of users` ability to access the social news website, which is used by over 60 million users each month.
The site was running slow and inaccessible in some quarters for a number of hours due to the attack that interrupts a website`s connection, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, it is yet not clear who purpotrated the Denial-of-service attack (DDoS) attack on Reddit.
A DDoS attack is an attempt to make a website unavailable to its intended users by temporarily interrupting a host server`s connection, the report said.
The site has suffered a tumultuous week, after some users posted images of innocent people they claimed were linked to Boston Marathon bombings, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore