Reddit suffers `massive online attack`
London: Social news and entertainment website Reddit has suffered a massive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
The `malicious` server attack from hackers impacted its millions of users` ability to access the social news website, which is used by over 60 million users each month.
The site was running slow and inaccessible in some quarters for a number of hours due to the attack that interrupts a website`s connection, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, it is yet not clear who purpotrated the Denial-of-service attack (DDoS) attack on Reddit.
A DDoS attack is an attempt to make a website unavailable to its intended users by temporarily interrupting a host server`s connection, the report said.
The site has suffered a tumultuous week, after some users posted images of innocent people they claimed were linked to Boston Marathon bombings, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook