Reddit suffers `massive online attack`
London: Social news and entertainment website Reddit has suffered a massive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
The `malicious` server attack from hackers impacted its millions of users` ability to access the social news website, which is used by over 60 million users each month.
The site was running slow and inaccessible in some quarters for a number of hours due to the attack that interrupts a website`s connection, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, it is yet not clear who purpotrated the Denial-of-service attack (DDoS) attack on Reddit.
A DDoS attack is an attempt to make a website unavailable to its intended users by temporarily interrupting a host server`s connection, the report said.
The site has suffered a tumultuous week, after some users posted images of innocent people they claimed were linked to Boston Marathon bombings, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai