Rediff.com launches new redesigned website
New Delhi: Rediff.com India Limited (Nasdaq: REDF), India`s leading online provider of news, information, communication, entertainment and shopping services has released the latest version of its Rediff.com website, featuring a new and enhanced homepage sporting a tiled interface.
The Rediff homepage in its new avatar brings alive an assortment of content and services using the contemporary grid layout that is visually rich.
Each unit of the grid features the latest information photographs and videos, giving it a more interactive and image-friendly appearance.
Featuring 30 headlines, the new homepage offers a wide assortment of relevant news items from across sections like News and Politics, Business, Movies, Get Ahead, Cricket and Sports.
Additionally, Rediff`s e-commerce platform, a fast-growing segment for Rediff, also gets a boost with a large footprint on the homepage to capitalize on the growing usage of e-commerce platforms throughout India.
This new design is based on user feedback and provides a seamless experience on personal computers and laptops as well as touchscreen handheld devices like tablets and smartphones.
"The Indian internet user base is quickly moving to consuming our services on various types of mobile devices, whether at home or on the go. As a result, this transition required us to take a fresh and innovative view of how our users are likely to interact with our portal," Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO, Rediff.com said.
"Our new tiled interface is a step towards making it easy for a rapidly growing segment of users who access our website from tablet like touch screen devices. We have also redesigned the site in terms of providing users with the content and imagery they desire on our home page, while adding more e-commerce options, which have been in higher demand from this growing population. We believe, the steps we`ve taken will enhance the overall user experience and over time, contribute to a growing Rediff user base and more widespread adoption of the Rediff brand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez