Rembrandt van Rijn`s 407th birthday celebrated by Google doodle
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Today Google celebrates the 407th anniversary of the birth of the Dutch painter Rembrandt van Rijn with its customary doodle.
The image features a portrait of Rembrandt van Rijn with the words Google written behind him.
Born as Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn on 15 July 1606 he is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history and the most important in Dutch history.
At the beginning of his artistic career Rembrandt mainly painted portraits and a tenth of them were self portraits, but biblical themes formed the core of Rembrandt`s significant works. He embraced realism and innovative technique to become one of the greatest artists of all times and widely recognised as the most humane of all portraitists.
Rembrandt produced famous works as Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (1632), Belshazzar`s Feast (1635), Night Watch (1642), Bathsheba at Her Bath (1654) and Syndics of the Drapers` Guild (1662).
Rembrandt died at the age of 63 on October 4, 1669 in Amsterdam. One of the most revered artists of all time, Rembrandt`s great creative triumphs will always remain an inspiration for the art enthusiasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation