Rembrandt van Rijn`s 407th birthday celebrated by Google doodle
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Today Google celebrates the 407th anniversary of the birth of the Dutch painter Rembrandt van Rijn with its customary doodle.
The image features a portrait of Rembrandt van Rijn with the words Google written behind him.
Born as Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn on 15 July 1606 he is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history and the most important in Dutch history.
At the beginning of his artistic career Rembrandt mainly painted portraits and a tenth of them were self portraits, but biblical themes formed the core of Rembrandt`s significant works. He embraced realism and innovative technique to become one of the greatest artists of all times and widely recognised as the most humane of all portraitists.
Rembrandt produced famous works as Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (1632), Belshazzar`s Feast (1635), Night Watch (1642), Bathsheba at Her Bath (1654) and Syndics of the Drapers` Guild (1662).
Rembrandt died at the age of 63 on October 4, 1669 in Amsterdam. One of the most revered artists of all time, Rembrandt`s great creative triumphs will always remain an inspiration for the art enthusiasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!