Republic Day India: Google doodles national symbol
New Delhi: As India marks its 64th Republic Day on Saturday, Google joined the celebrations with a doodle featuring a collage of our national symbols like the tiger, the lotus and India Gate.
Visitors were greeted on the Google India homepage with a logo appearing as stripes on the tiger’s body. Surrounding the tiger is the lotus, India’s national flower, and also in the background stands the India Gate.
This is the third doodle on the occasion of Republic Day featured on Google India’s homepage.
In 2012, the Google doodle featured images of National Bravery Award winning children riding on the backs of decorated elephants.
This special Republic Day of India Google doodle look will be visible to users in India only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying