Researchers develop new system to verify cloud programmes function malware-free
Washington: A new system has been reportedly developed by researchers which can quickly verify if the programs on the cloud system are running smoothly without any malware threat.
Researchers from MIT and Israel`s universities have come up with a new version of `zero-knowledge proofs` allowing cloud customers to verify the proper execution of their software with a single packet of data.
The same system also protects the data used by applications running in the cloud, cryptographically ensuring that the user won`t learn anything other than the immediate results of the requested computation.
However, the system only works with programs written in the C programming language and requires that computer programs be represented as circuits and the system`s circuit generator automatically converts C code to circuit diagrams.
Researcher and co-author of the paper from MIT, Alessandro Chiesa said that because the new system protects both the integrity of programs running in the cloud and the data they use, it`s a good complement to the cryptographic technique known as homomorphic encryption, which protects the data transmitted by the users of cloud applications.
Chiesa explained that he and his colleagues` approach depends on a variation of `probabilistically checkable proof` or PCP.
Madars Virza, co-author of the research said that they use a cryptographic encoding to force the adversary to only linear evaluations and there is a way to encode numbers into such a form that one can add those numbers, but can`t do anything else and that is how they sidestep the inefficiencies of the PCP theorem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?