Robert Moog honoured with synthesizer doodle
New Delhi; Google, on Wednesday celebrated 78th birth anniversary of American electronic music pioneer Robert Arthur "Bob" Moog, with an playable synthesiser doodle on its home page.
The digital replica of Moog synthesiser recreates the magic of the innovative musical device for Googlers.
Visitors to the homepage of world’s most popular search engine can play the virtual synthesiser by simply moving the cursor on the keys. Also, they can create their own music, Google also allows its users to record, play back and even share their composition on the social networking site Google+ by simply clicking on the g+ button. The virtual synthesiser also provides the users with volume, mixer, oscillator, filter and envelope controls.
Born on May 23, 1934, Robert Moog, founder of Moog Music, was best known as the inventor of the Moog synthesiser. Diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour, Moog, died at the age of 71 in Asheville, North Carolina on August 21, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video