Robert Moog honoured with synthesizer doodle
New Delhi; Google, on Wednesday celebrated 78th birth anniversary of American electronic music pioneer Robert Arthur "Bob" Moog, with an playable synthesiser doodle on its home page.
The digital replica of Moog synthesiser recreates the magic of the innovative musical device for Googlers.
Visitors to the homepage of world’s most popular search engine can play the virtual synthesiser by simply moving the cursor on the keys. Also, they can create their own music, Google also allows its users to record, play back and even share their composition on the social networking site Google+ by simply clicking on the g+ button. The virtual synthesiser also provides the users with volume, mixer, oscillator, filter and envelope controls.
Born on May 23, 1934, Robert Moog, founder of Moog Music, was best known as the inventor of the Moog synthesiser. Diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour, Moog, died at the age of 71 in Asheville, North Carolina on August 21, 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hawaiian Airlines makes another emergency landing in Japan
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art