Rubik`s Cube: Google Doodle celebrates 40th birthday of brain teasing puzzle
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
Get ready to be puzzled today when you visit the homepage of Google. You will be greeted with a giant Rubik`s Cube and will surely be lured into solving this amazing puzzle game . To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this brain-teasing toy , Google is hosting an interactive virtual version on its homepage.
By clicking on cube in homepage, it will get enlarged, there you can see option “?” telling how to play the game and also the option to go to the search page of ‘Rubik Cube invention’.The interactive doodle lets internet users try to solve the puzzle online. First you click and drag outside the cube to rotate it, and then click and drag inside the cube to twist.
The Rubik`s Cube was initially known as the Magic Cube and was invented in 1974 by Hungarian architecture professor Erno Rubik who wanted a working model to help explain three-dimensional geometry.
It is one of the world’s best sold puzzle games and about 350 million cubes have been sold till now. The fastest time it has taken for a human to solve the puzzle is 5.55 seconds.So let`s see how fast can you solve it?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS