Rural Punjab to get internet facilities by mid 2014
Chandigarh: Punjab government is geared up to provide online facilities to people in all rural areas of the state by June next year.
The state government will set up clusters of five villages which will receive online facilities, an official spokesman said here Friday.
The scheme, to be completed by June 2014, will equip people from the villages with computer and online skills helping them to compete better with city folk, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video