Rural Punjab to get internet facilities by mid 2014
Chandigarh: Punjab government is geared up to provide online facilities to people in all rural areas of the state by June next year.
The state government will set up clusters of five villages which will receive online facilities, an official spokesman said here Friday.
The scheme, to be completed by June 2014, will equip people from the villages with computer and online skills helping them to compete better with city folk, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites