Russia hit by internet addiction
Moscow: Psychologists in Russia say addiction to the world wide web has begun affecting the teenaged population in the country.
This obsession with the internet could be on the same level as other social problems such as drug and alcohol dependency, Russian psychologists say.
The country is in danger of being overwhelmed by internet addiction, Moscow News reported citing gzt.ru.
Recent data suggests that between five and 14 percent of Russians show symptoms of internet addiction.
A typical case would be a troubled teenager - who logs on to the internet - but finds it difficult to form real-life relationships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report