Russia hit by internet addiction
Moscow: Psychologists in Russia say addiction to the world wide web has begun affecting the teenaged population in the country.
This obsession with the internet could be on the same level as other social problems such as drug and alcohol dependency, Russian psychologists say.
The country is in danger of being overwhelmed by internet addiction, Moscow News reported citing gzt.ru.
Recent data suggests that between five and 14 percent of Russians show symptoms of internet addiction.
A typical case would be a troubled teenager - who logs on to the internet - but finds it difficult to form real-life relationships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi