Russia hit by internet addiction
Moscow: Psychologists in Russia say addiction to the world wide web has begun affecting the teenaged population in the country.
This obsession with the internet could be on the same level as other social problems such as drug and alcohol dependency, Russian psychologists say.
The country is in danger of being overwhelmed by internet addiction, Moscow News reported citing gzt.ru.
Recent data suggests that between five and 14 percent of Russians show symptoms of internet addiction.
A typical case would be a troubled teenager - who logs on to the internet - but finds it difficult to form real-life relationships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore