Satyajit Ray honoured with a Google doodle on 92nd birthday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google on Thursday honoured legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray on his 92nd birth anniversary with a black and white doodle on its homepage.
The doodle depicts a scene from Ray’s first film Pather Panchali(from the Apu trilogy) where Apu and Durga are seen running through a field where Kaash flowers (typical vegetation heralding the advent of autumn in Bengal) are in full bloom.
Ray’s Pather Panchali (1955) also won eleven international prizes, including Best Human Documentary at the Cannes Film Festival.
Satyajit Ray was regarded as one of the great auteurs of world cinema. He directed 36 films, including feature films, documentaries and shorts. Ray was born on May 2, 1921 in the city of Calcutta into a Bengali family, prominent in the world of arts and literature. He died on April 23 in 1992 in Kolkata.
Ray authored several short stories and novels, mainly aimed at children and adolescent.
Feluda, the sleuth, and Professor Shonku, the scientist in his science fictions, are popular fictional characters created by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming