Satyajit Ray honoured with a Google doodle on 92nd birthday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google on Thursday honoured legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray on his 92nd birth anniversary with a black and white doodle on its homepage.
The doodle depicts a scene from Ray’s first film Pather Panchali(from the Apu trilogy) where Apu and Durga are seen running through a field where Kaash flowers (typical vegetation heralding the advent of autumn in Bengal) are in full bloom.
Ray’s Pather Panchali (1955) also won eleven international prizes, including Best Human Documentary at the Cannes Film Festival.
Satyajit Ray was regarded as one of the great auteurs of world cinema. He directed 36 films, including feature films, documentaries and shorts. Ray was born on May 2, 1921 in the city of Calcutta into a Bengali family, prominent in the world of arts and literature. He died on April 23 in 1992 in Kolkata.
Ray authored several short stories and novels, mainly aimed at children and adolescent.
Feluda, the sleuth, and Professor Shonku, the scientist in his science fictions, are popular fictional characters created by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how