Satyajit Ray honoured with a Google doodle on 92nd birthday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google on Thursday honoured legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray on his 92nd birth anniversary with a black and white doodle on its homepage.
The doodle depicts a scene from Ray’s first film Pather Panchali(from the Apu trilogy) where Apu and Durga are seen running through a field where Kaash flowers (typical vegetation heralding the advent of autumn in Bengal) are in full bloom.
Ray’s Pather Panchali (1955) also won eleven international prizes, including Best Human Documentary at the Cannes Film Festival.
Satyajit Ray was regarded as one of the great auteurs of world cinema. He directed 36 films, including feature films, documentaries and shorts. Ray was born on May 2, 1921 in the city of Calcutta into a Bengali family, prominent in the world of arts and literature. He died on April 23 in 1992 in Kolkata.
Ray authored several short stories and novels, mainly aimed at children and adolescent.
Feluda, the sleuth, and Professor Shonku, the scientist in his science fictions, are popular fictional characters created by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot