Satyajit Ray honoured with a Google doodle on 92nd birthday
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google on Thursday honoured legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray on his 92nd birth anniversary with a black and white doodle on its homepage.
The doodle depicts a scene from Ray’s first film Pather Panchali(from the Apu trilogy) where Apu and Durga are seen running through a field where Kaash flowers (typical vegetation heralding the advent of autumn in Bengal) are in full bloom.
Ray’s Pather Panchali (1955) also won eleven international prizes, including Best Human Documentary at the Cannes Film Festival.
Satyajit Ray was regarded as one of the great auteurs of world cinema. He directed 36 films, including feature films, documentaries and shorts. Ray was born on May 2, 1921 in the city of Calcutta into a Bengali family, prominent in the world of arts and literature. He died on April 23 in 1992 in Kolkata.
Ray authored several short stories and novels, mainly aimed at children and adolescent.
Feluda, the sleuth, and Professor Shonku, the scientist in his science fictions, are popular fictional characters created by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security