Sending messages to Mark Zuckerberg will cost you $100
London: Social networking giant Facebook will ensure your messages will reach the inbox of the company`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg- but it will cost you.
The firm is asking users to pay 100 dollars for sending their messages to Zuckerberg, and some others selected members.
The charge is part of a test of a system designed by Facebook to both raise some revenue and reduce spam, the Telegraph reports.
It was first introduced in December, with a charge of 1 dollar for the sender of a message to reach the inbox of a Facebook member who is not their friend.
According to the report, Facebook said that it wanted to determine whether adding a "financial signal" improves its formula for delivering "relevant and useful" messages to members` inboxes.
Now, in order to reach VIPs with large numbers of followers who are not friends, including Zuckberg, Facebook members involved in the test, which is currently only running in the United States, face a charge of 100 dollars.
The VIPs that are part of the test will receive only one message from a stranger to their main inbox each week, the report said.
Facebook has not said how many public figures are involved or whether they have been informed, but said it had set a threshold of number of followers to decide who to include, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling