Seven Indians among 15 global finalists in Google Science Fair 2013
New Delhi: Google Science Fair (GSF) has declared the 15 global finalists, and out of them, seven are of Indian origin or Indians.
GSF is an online science competition, open to students between the ages of 13 and 18 from around the world.
GSF is essentially to champion young scientific talent and give students across the world an opportunity to showcase ambitious ideas.
Voting has begun for the Google Science Fair 2013 Voter`s Choice Award,which is open till August 30. Winners and finalists will receive a variety of life changing prizes, ranging from a 10-day trip to the Galapagos Islands with National Geographic Expeditions, to a 50,000 dollar Google scholarship, to hands-on experiences at LEGO, CERN or GOOGLE, prizes from each partner.
Eduheal Foundation,an international level NGO conducting science and maths olympiads , was one of the Google Science Fair partners who helped make this competition possible by reaching out to the Indian schools in a large way.
Projects sent by 15 finalists include research on endangered species; a better understanding of tumours; an algorithm for safer encryption; a signalling system for emergency vehicles; a green method to clean water; a universal measuring apparatus; a new kind of magnet and more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday