Shashi Tharoor launches Flatparty.com
New Delhi: Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor Tuesday launched a new social networking site - Flatparty.com - which can be used to send bulk as well as private messages.
The messages can be sent in the form of posts on the websites, via e-mails and SMS to the registered users on the website.
"The main feature we have included in our site is to manage events, associations of political party`s meetings, and conventions etc. in a categorised hierarchy model. The full-fledged features allow managing different pivotal groups and their associations across groups," said Anto Toms, chief executive officer, Flatparty.
The users can create groups and sub-groups within the primary groups.
When Tharoor asked if it is possible to send a message to just one particular group, Toms said: "Yes, private messaging is very much possible on the website. The message will only be available to the people of that particular group and can also be sent to them via an e-mail or a SMS."
It also has blog option. A user can create his or her own blog that will automatically be posted on the website, unlike other sites.
"With so many new features, the website is really something to look forward to," said Tharoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...