Singapore Airlines curbs crew`s Facebook musings
SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) has directed its flight attendants to avoid discussing work-related matters on Facebook and other social networking websites, company officials said Thursday.
The image-conscious airline, which is consistently ranked by passengers as one of the world`s best, took action after some cabin crew were found to have discussed confidential job issues on Facebook.
The Straits Times newspaper reported Thursday that some crew members got warning letters for grumbling about duty rosters, passengers, and their bosses and colleagues on Facebook.
"Our staff may of course have a blog or Facebook and Twitter account like any other member of the public," an airline spokeswoman told AFP.
"But our policy is clear that they must not comment on work matters about business or customers, so as to protect proprietary information as well as the privacy of other staff and our customers."
A posting on the SIA staff union website stated that "recently, there have been a few cases of crew being penalized for their postings on Facebook about company-related matters such as their rosters."
"Please refrain from such postings on your Facebook wall or any public forums or blog, as you do not know who is really lurking out there and who are really your friends," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?