Sky apps latest victim of Syrian Electronic Army
London: The notorious and yet proficient Syrian Electronic Army, in their latest hacking spree, have targeted and defaced Sky`s Android apps.
The Syrian Electronic Army or SEA replaced the logos of six of the UK broadcaster Sky`s apps with that of SEA. The hackers breached the firm`s Twitter accounts and posted messages to users to view the defaced programmes.
In a report by BBC, SEA has earlier hacked social media accounts of political leaders, top organizations including BBC, FT, CBS News, Associated Press, FIFA amongst others.
In the latest attack on Sky, the hackers posted fake news stories through the broadcaster`s account and replaced the description of the apps which read as `Syrian Electronic Army Was Here`.
The SEA attacked Sky News; Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Football, Sky WiFi, Sky+ and Sky Go apps days after Twitter announced that it was introducing a two-step authentication process to help thwart further attacks.
The report further said that the company was working to reinstate its apps following the decision to take them offline.
SEA, which claimed it had successfully penetrated computer servers used to control Haifa`s urban management systems, has also been alleged of a failed attempt to sabotage Haifa`s water supply as a response to Israeli air strikes on Damascus.
Members of SEA are supporters of Syrian President Bashar-Al-Assad but deny working under the orders of the government, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok