Snapchat extends `self-destruct` feature to 24 hours
Wellington: Photo and video sharing app, Snapchat has reportedly extended its time frame of sharing content to 24 hours.
Earlier the app provided a mere 10-second viewing period before the pictures expired and were automatically deleted from the server.
However, the new feature, called Stories, is aimed at making the service more social and more permanent, stuff.co.nz reports.
With the new feature, a user will be able to post a picture or video to Snapchat Stories, which will appear on a feed for 24 hours, and after that it will dis appear as usual and users will also be able to see who has viewed each piece of the content.
The report added that the new feature will roll out on both iOS and Android soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'
- Lionel Messi due to go on trial in Spain for tax fraud
- Get up-close with Datsun Redi Go: Watch review
- Speed trial of Spanish-built Talgo train conducted on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route
- The never-ending vigil for millions yearning to bury their dead