Snapchat introduces swipeable `smart` filters, `replay` feature in updated iOS app
Washington: Snapchat has reportedly updated its app for iOS devices that includes features like swipeable photo filters, added support for new services along with an interesting `Replay` function that lets users watch one picture per day for a second time.
The auto-destruct photo sharing app on iOS devices, supports a range of filters, including `smart filters` that have current time, temperature and even how fast the user is moving.
According to The Verge, users can enable the new features from the setting menu and scroll to Additional Services and tap on `manage` to find the six new settings for filters.
Users can swipe left and right to apply various filters and one filter will overlay the current temperature on the picture, using data supplied by the Weather Channel, while another swipe will overlay the user`s speed.
The report said that the `Replay` option lets users watch one snap per day for a second time as Snapchat servers used to delete the messages after the first play.
The update also allows users an option for the font of the text if they want to caption their photos, apart from enabling a front-facing flash for selfies, and users can also specify up to seven people who would appear in the `best friends` menu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!