Snapchat processing `150 million images a day`
Washington: Photo-sharing service Snapchat is now processing 150 million images per day, the firm`s co-founder and chief executive officer Evan Spiegel has said.
Spiegel said that Snapchat, which is popular for sending photo messages that delete themselves within 10 seconds, has seen a three-fold increase in just four months.
By comparison, the most recent statistics from Facebook`s Instagram service show users posting 40 million photos per day, the Washington Post reports.
Spiegel said in an interview with All Things Digital Snapchat has been gaining popularity with young people mostly between age 13 and 25.
He said that users are attracted by the idea that deletion should be the default and that a picture they snap in middle school won`t live on the Internet for the rest of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL