Snapchat third most popular social app among millennials
New York: The messaging app Snapchat has left Twitter behind to become the third most used social media app among the millennial group - 18 to 34 year olds.
Almost a third of the 18 to 24-year-olds now use Snapchat, compared to 23.8 percent of Twitter app users, said the latest Mobile Metrix report by US internet analytics company comScore.
Facebook is still the most popular social media app with 75.6 percent people using it, followed by Instagram with 43.1 percent users.
At 32.9 percent, Snapchat`s popularity has more than doubled from 12 percent in November last year.
Vine is used by 10.7 percent of millennials while Pinterest has 17.9 percent users.
At the bottom is Tumblr with 6.3 percent users.
Snapchat`s popularity is also growing among 25 to 34-year-olds and in the over-35 age group - albeit more slowly than among the younger age group, the report said.
Last year, its co-founder Evan Spiegel turned down a $3 billion acquisition bid from Facebook.
Facebook then launched a rival app called Slingshot.
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, followed this with the launch of Bolt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!