Snapchat third most popular social app among millennials
New York: The messaging app Snapchat has left Twitter behind to become the third most used social media app among the millennial group - 18 to 34 year olds.
Almost a third of the 18 to 24-year-olds now use Snapchat, compared to 23.8 percent of Twitter app users, said the latest Mobile Metrix report by US internet analytics company comScore.
Facebook is still the most popular social media app with 75.6 percent people using it, followed by Instagram with 43.1 percent users.
At 32.9 percent, Snapchat`s popularity has more than doubled from 12 percent in November last year.
Vine is used by 10.7 percent of millennials while Pinterest has 17.9 percent users.
At the bottom is Tumblr with 6.3 percent users.
Snapchat`s popularity is also growing among 25 to 34-year-olds and in the over-35 age group - albeit more slowly than among the younger age group, the report said.
Last year, its co-founder Evan Spiegel turned down a $3 billion acquisition bid from Facebook.
Facebook then launched a rival app called Slingshot.
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, followed this with the launch of Bolt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter