Social network launched for the dying
London: A social network for the dying -- called "My Last Wish" -- has been created to help dying people meet others who have similar hopes and ambitions which they wish to achieve before they die.
The free app, created by a software company called White Lotus Corporation, is available in Apple`s App Store, a newspaper reported.
"A social networking application to make friendship with those unknown people from corners of the world with different ethnicity, culture, traditions, value systems, life style and much more - but having only one thing in common and that is the `Last Wish`," the website says about itself.
"By this application, we have tried to unite the community on the `Wish Wall` to share their last wish with the world and find out those people with similar wishes before they die, get connected to them and be friends forever."
Users of the app - "fellow wishers" - are asked to post their final wish on to the "Wish Wall" and can choose to attach their email address or phone number so other users who want to do the same thing, can get in touch.
"Fellow wishers" can tap on a user`s name and their contacts will be instantly added to their phonebook.
One user named Eve Lynn said her last wish was to: "Drive out to the desert and watch the stars with the man I love."
Kirtan Thaker, co-founder of the White Lotus Corporation, said: "I believed in the possibility that there can be two persons in this world with same hopes, dreams and wishes. I was confident that if we create an app where this possibility can be turned into reality, people will love this concept and they will get a chance to make friends who are unknown but having just one thing in common which is the last wish."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing