Software for using Assamese in Unicode compatible format
Tezpur(Assam): Two scientists from Assam have developed a software `Luitpad` for using the Assamese language in an Unicode compatible format.
The software, developed by Navanath Saharia and Kishori Mohan Konwar, has been purely designed for writing only Assamese text and facilitates writing Assamese text based on the phonetics of a word instead of phonetics of individual characters.
The software is entirely Unicode compatible and there is the provision to add new words to its integrated dictionary, Saharia, who is research scholar working on computational linguistics in the context of Assamese language told reporters here today.
Luitpad automatically predict words after typing the first couple letters and this prevents spelling mistakes, said Konwar, a computer scientist specialising in supercomputing and machine learning.
Luitpad is compatible with both Microsoft Window and Linux operating systems and addresses all the existing difficulties faced by anyone writing Assamese text on a computer, the duo said.
The software addresses all the existing difficulties faced by anyone writing Assamese text on computer.
Unicode is the universal character encoding standard for processing, storage and interchange of text data in any language in all modern software and information technology protocols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final