Software for using Assamese in Unicode compatible format
Tezpur(Assam): Two scientists from Assam have developed a software `Luitpad` for using the Assamese language in an Unicode compatible format.
The software, developed by Navanath Saharia and Kishori Mohan Konwar, has been purely designed for writing only Assamese text and facilitates writing Assamese text based on the phonetics of a word instead of phonetics of individual characters.
The software is entirely Unicode compatible and there is the provision to add new words to its integrated dictionary, Saharia, who is research scholar working on computational linguistics in the context of Assamese language told reporters here today.
Luitpad automatically predict words after typing the first couple letters and this prevents spelling mistakes, said Konwar, a computer scientist specialising in supercomputing and machine learning.
Luitpad is compatible with both Microsoft Window and Linux operating systems and addresses all the existing difficulties faced by anyone writing Assamese text on a computer, the duo said.
The software addresses all the existing difficulties faced by anyone writing Assamese text on computer.
Unicode is the universal character encoding standard for processing, storage and interchange of text data in any language in all modern software and information technology protocols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi