Software guru John McAfee to sell anti-snooping device next yr
New Delhi: Anti-virus guru John McAfee, who is facing criminal charges in Central American nation Belize, plans to launch by next year `D-Central`, a gadget to prevent snooping into computers and phones, for less than USD 100.
"The prototype would be done in six months and hopefully by this time next year I would be selling (it) in the United States," McAfee told the Ground Zero conference here through video conferencing today.
Considered by many a software genius as well as computer security pioneer, John McAfee fled from Belize in 2012 after his neighbour was found murdered. He denied charges today, saying that he is a victim of political vendetta.
The brain behind McAfee software, said he is working on the device, which he claims, provides a secure and private Internet that would be "impossible" to snoop into even by powerful servers of state agencies.
Speaking in detail about `D-Central` project, he said the much-awaited device works with smartphones and other gadgets.
He added that the technology and encryption has been developed by him and the device would help in communicating with other computing devices in a "totally secure" network.
The D-Central project came into the limelight against the backdrop of allegations of snooping by US security agencies.
McAfee founded security software company McAfee, which is now a part of chip giant Intel Corporation. He quit the company in 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!