Star Trek: The Original Series is Google`s new Doodle
Zeenews bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: Google pays tribute to the cult television show `Star Trek: The Original Series` on its 46th anniversary with an interactive doodle featuring some iconic characters.
The series was created by Gene Roddenberry and aired on NBC from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969. Although the show got canceled after receiving low ratings during its three-season run, it became a point of reference for science fiction geeks the world over.
The show depicted the adventures of the starship USS Enterprise and its crew in the 23rd century.
Characters such as Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner), first officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy) etc., have achieved iconic status and the show spawned a franchise with spin-offs and merchandises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA