Star Trek: The Original Series is Google`s new Doodle
Zeenews bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: Google pays tribute to the cult television show `Star Trek: The Original Series` on its 46th anniversary with an interactive doodle featuring some iconic characters.
The series was created by Gene Roddenberry and aired on NBC from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969. Although the show got canceled after receiving low ratings during its three-season run, it became a point of reference for science fiction geeks the world over.
The show depicted the adventures of the starship USS Enterprise and its crew in the 23rd century.
Characters such as Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner), first officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy) etc., have achieved iconic status and the show spawned a franchise with spin-offs and merchandises.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?