Star Trek: The Original Series is Google`s new Doodle
Zeenews bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: Google pays tribute to the cult television show `Star Trek: The Original Series` on its 46th anniversary with an interactive doodle featuring some iconic characters.
The series was created by Gene Roddenberry and aired on NBC from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969. Although the show got canceled after receiving low ratings during its three-season run, it became a point of reference for science fiction geeks the world over.
The show depicted the adventures of the starship USS Enterprise and its crew in the 23rd century.
Characters such as Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner), first officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy) etc., have achieved iconic status and the show spawned a franchise with spin-offs and merchandises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read