Step-by-step guide to stop Google from sending `ad-mails`
Washington: Google users have been irked with the site sending them advertisements through emails in the Gmail account which appear along the legitimate emails.
According to the Huffington Post, Google has recently included the feature of sorting emails as per their content in Primary, Social, Promotions and other categories and puts all the ad mails into its designated place.
However for those who want to get rid of ad emails from their inbox, they can simply click the `X` on each ad to remove it and Google , as it records the ad response behaviour, will soon realize the kind of ads a user does not want.
Additionally, one can also click on the gear in the top-right on the main Gmail page and under the menu, click on `Configure inbox` and just uncheck the box next to `Promotions` and if wants to get rid of Gmail`s new tabs altogether one can uncheck all of the boxes except `Primary`.
The report added that when the Promotions tab is disabled, the ads would still show up in the inbox and Google will show the ad one way or another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi