Steps to avoid being `snooped on` with Facebook`s Graph Search
Washington: Social media giant Facebook yesterday rolled out its updated `Graph Search` tool allowing its users to search for information about their social circles.
The new Graph Search helps users find information about specific things like friends in San Francisco who are vegan, or friends of friends who like hiking.
According to an English news website, those who are irked by this addition to privacy infringement may choose to restrict `who sees my stuff` feature and customize the information visibility accordingly.
The report said that under the option of `Use activity log`, users can see a log of their activities on Facebook including posting comments, liking pictures, updates, etc., which after the Graph Search anyone made visible to the post can potentially search for it.
Additionally, the tagged photos are equally vulnerable to the Graph Search as photos tagged by friends are visible and can be searched by many other users who may not be in the user`s own friend list.
One can also customize the `likes` on certain pages, which show up in the `About` section of the profile, by clicking on the particular category of pages and clicking on the `Edit privacy`.
One can further close down on the amount and type of information posted and shared by a user and about a user by customizing `Timeline` and `tagging` feature and deciding who can tag and post on the timeline.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case