Steps to avoid being `snooped on` with Facebook`s Graph Search
Washington: Social media giant Facebook yesterday rolled out its updated `Graph Search` tool allowing its users to search for information about their social circles.
The new Graph Search helps users find information about specific things like friends in San Francisco who are vegan, or friends of friends who like hiking.
According to an English news website, those who are irked by this addition to privacy infringement may choose to restrict `who sees my stuff` feature and customize the information visibility accordingly.
The report said that under the option of `Use activity log`, users can see a log of their activities on Facebook including posting comments, liking pictures, updates, etc., which after the Graph Search anyone made visible to the post can potentially search for it.
Additionally, the tagged photos are equally vulnerable to the Graph Search as photos tagged by friends are visible and can be searched by many other users who may not be in the user`s own friend list.
One can also customize the `likes` on certain pages, which show up in the `About` section of the profile, by clicking on the particular category of pages and clicking on the `Edit privacy`.
One can further close down on the amount and type of information posted and shared by a user and about a user by customizing `Timeline` and `tagging` feature and deciding who can tag and post on the timeline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest