Stop tweeting this Mother`s day and call your Mom
Washington: Twitter is encouraging its users to rest their tweeting habits for sometime and instead call their moms on their special day.
So much is the devotion that in an attempt to encourage users to find some `real` time to `talk` to their mothers, Twitter has posted a `Public service announcement` video on their blog saying that Internet is not needed for everything.
The micro blogging site is increasingly becoming popular even among mothers whose posts range from parenting tips to live tweets about their C-section.
In a report by The Washington Post, British parents make their child`s social media account even before they are born.
The serious addiction to social media sites and the growing popularity of microblogging site Twitter, poses serious questions about the availability of `real` time for people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister