Suffered hacker attacks from India, US: China
Beijing: Days after it was accused of hacking networks of 72 major global entities, including the Indian government, China today said it was also a victim of nearly five lakh cases of cyber snooping, half of them originated from countries like the US and India.
China`s claim followed a report by US-based security firm McAfee which said hackers were found to have broken into networks of the 72 major organisations around the world, including the governments of India, US, South Korea, Vietnam, ASEAN, IOC and the world anti-doping agency, with security experts pointing to China as the culprit.
Most of the attacks came in the form of malicious "Trojan" software used by hackers to gain access to target computers, a report issued by the National Computer Network Emergency Response Coordination Centre of China, the primary computer security monitoring network.
It said 14.7 per cent of the malicious programs came from Internet Protocol addresses (IPs) located in the US, with another eight per cent located in India, a report carried by state-run Xinhua news agency said today.
China`s computer security agency, however, made no reference to recent report by McAfee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez