Syrian Electronic Army hackers claim to capture Facebook.com
San Francisco: Hacker group Syrian Electronic Army claimed to have seized the Facebook.Com online address in what it joked was a belated birthday greeting.
"Happy Birthday Mark," SEA yesterday said in a message fired off from its Twitter account. "Facebook owned by #SEA."
Facebook said that no traffic to the website was hijacked, and that no users of the social network were affected.
The company`s famed co-founder, Mark Zuckerberg, embraces the creative side of hacker culture when it comes to software innovation.
Facebook`s campus in the California city of Menlo Park even has a vanity address of One Hacker Way.
While SEA claimed to have taken control of Facebook`s online domain it was unclear whether it was just in the records of registrar MarkMonitor or if some control of pages had been obtained.
"We changed the name servers, but it is taking too much time," SEA said in a follow-up tweet.
Facebook marked its 10th anniversary on Tuesday, and Zuckerberg referred to the company`s evolution as an "amazing journey" in a post on his profile page at the leading social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000