Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times, Twitter sites
Wellington: In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked.
An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times` mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports.
According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million users of the social media service have sent out more than 400 million tweets a day to make it a popular media outlet.
The report said that FT`s feeds related to technological and commodities have been chiefly targeted.
Chief research officer with security software maker F-Secure said that twitter has come to be a potent source for news and must provide better security for high-value accounts such as the Associated Press, the FT and others.
The Syrian Electronic Army had posted video links on FT`s Twitter feed to YouTube, purporting to show members of the Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front Syrian rebel group executing blindfolded and kneeling members of the Syrian army.
FT, owned by Pearson Plc, said that they have secured the hacked twitter accounts and are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
The FT story headlines have been replaced by `Hacked by Syrian Electronic Army` and its Twitter messages followed by a link to the video ask: `Do you want to know the reality of the Syrian Rebels?
Security experts have repeatedly called for Twitter to introduce an additional safety measure over the past few years that will include a two-step process to log in and will help reduce breaches, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price