Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times, Twitter sites
Wellington: In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked.
An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times` mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports.
According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million users of the social media service have sent out more than 400 million tweets a day to make it a popular media outlet.
The report said that FT`s feeds related to technological and commodities have been chiefly targeted.
Chief research officer with security software maker F-Secure said that twitter has come to be a potent source for news and must provide better security for high-value accounts such as the Associated Press, the FT and others.
The Syrian Electronic Army had posted video links on FT`s Twitter feed to YouTube, purporting to show members of the Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front Syrian rebel group executing blindfolded and kneeling members of the Syrian army.
FT, owned by Pearson Plc, said that they have secured the hacked twitter accounts and are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
The FT story headlines have been replaced by `Hacked by Syrian Electronic Army` and its Twitter messages followed by a link to the video ask: `Do you want to know the reality of the Syrian Rebels?
Security experts have repeatedly called for Twitter to introduce an additional safety measure over the past few years that will include a two-step process to log in and will help reduce breaches, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future