Syrian Electronic Army hacks Microsoft`s Office blog hours after redesign
Washington: Hacking group, Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), reportedly attacked Microsoft`s Office blog hours after it was redesigned.
The hacking group had promised continuing more attacks on Microsoft and kept with its promise by hacking and defacing the software maker`s redesigned blog multiple times.
According to The Verge, following the attack several articles on the site appeared with the title `hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army`, which were later removed by Microsoft.
The hacking group claimed responsibility for the attack by posting screenshots of the administration panel for the Office blog on their official Twitter account.
The SEA taunted Microsoft that changing the CMS would not help the company if their employees are hacked and they don`t know about it.
The report said that the recent attack comes just days after Microsoft revealed that SEA hackers were able to access a `small number` of employee email accounts.
The hacking group is also known to have launched attacks on the official Xbox support Twitter account, official Skype blog and Twitter account on January 1st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof